We’re so excited to be bringing you a brand new exciting undersea adventure, in the form of a YouTube video that’s a fin-tastic fusion of exercise, dance, yoga-like stretching, and FUN…of course with a splash of learning too!
Our original Zale’s Tales Ocean Motion video got our feet wet in immersing kids in the ocean world while movin’ and groovin’. We loved the concept so much (and so did our pod!) that we decided to branch out and create a new movement video on YouTube, starring Eve!
We’re firm believers in incorporating movement and fun into learning (check out our homepage for all sorts of fun n’ games), and it’s been a big part of our tool bag since we started teaching.
So, this video is especially exciting for us to continue to reach kids and inspire ocean wonder in a new, interactive & energizing way!
*Hey ocean lover, help spread ocean love by pinning on Pinterest* (scroll down for video)
Ideal for a brain-break, day starter, indoor recess or P.E., this 5 minute follow-along exercise video is great for kids to do in the classroom or at home. It’s versatile for multiple age groups, including pre-K, elementary, and middle grades.
Plus, it also celebrates physical activity and mindful movement, which is a big part of living a balanced, porpoiseful life!
Check out the video below and scroll down for tips on how to make the most of it.
**Help us spread ocean love by subscribing to our YouTube channel, liking the video on YouTube, and sharing! This tells us to make more episodes too!**
- The exercises can be done in place (in a “bubble” as Eve is!), with the movements going along with the music and ocean animal behavior. Be sure to have the kids spread out with enough room for their “bubble.”
- Help kids soak in more of the undersea experience and practice their moves & coordination by:
- Having kids watch a first time without doing the movements
- Repeating the 5-minute video a few times to extend the adventure
- Making it a regular thing (bookmark the link/add to your favorites!)
- All of the exercises in this episode are done standing up, so a mat or soft surface is optional
- If you like, you can read each fun fact out loud while the kids follow along with the motion
- Use it often! Kids will love hearing the music and learning the moves. It makes a great brain break, day starter, indoor recess, or P.E. lesson.
You’ll see that we’ve used our hand-painted illustrations from our children’s books to help identify the animals that are featured in the video. Dive deeper with our books that delve more into these animals and the amazing ocean world we’re so passionate about!
In this episode, we’re taking you to the sunlit open ocean where we’ll find amazing swimmers & drifters in the vast ocean blue. The ocean animals that make an appearance in this episode are:
- manta ray
- great white shark
- sea turtle
- hammerhead shark
- mola mola (ocean sunfish)
- flying fish
- humpback whale
We hope this makes a splash with you! We hope to get new episodes in the works, so be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay tuned for more Ocean Motion fun.
Eve & Rett (Everett) Taylor
Disclaimer: Content is purely for educational purposes and for fun. This video and its creators are not providing fitness, diet, or medical advice in any manner. We are not licensed or certified. Seek medical advice before performing the exercises and be sure to perform them in a safe place. Always practice water safety when around water. You assume all risk. All activities on this blog are intended to be performed with adult supervision. Appropriate and reasonable caution should be used when activities call for the use of materials that could potentially be harmful, such as scissors, hot glue, or items that could present a choking risk (small items), or a drowning risk (water activities), and with introducing a new food/ingredient to a child (allergies). Observe caution and safety at all times. The author and blog disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any of these activities on this blog.