Make waves of joy!
It can be a crazy season with many things to do and what seems like fewer hours in the day. So don’t let joy sneak past you in the blur!
Let’s get a little sanity check + joy reset as we enter this crazy season:
- Celebrate in ways that bring you and your family the most joy
- Decorate, cook, bake, etc. however much OR however little you’d like
- Don’t feel like you need to do it all
In other words, focus on what makes you + your loves happy! Life isn’t always picture perfect, and what’s most important is spending time with the ones you love, however that looks.
When you’re joyful, that radiates to others and sends waves of joy.
Being in South Florida, our winter holidays look a little different than most, and we have certain things we like to do each year that bring fun + nostalgia. Rett and I really aren’t into decorating trends and what’s “in” (because joy is always in), and we love our traditions that help make things merry + bright.
So, we made a list of the things that bring us joy around the winter holidays and into the new year.
That list (along with blasting Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas) is like a friend helping us stay true to what we love most about the holidays.
To help you stay centered on what matters to you this winter, we’ve made a blank printable list (+ one with ideas) for you to download. It’s divided into categories to remind you to take time for:
- self care
- winter fun
- enjoying coziness
- spreading joy + kindness
You can make it a family thing and see to it that there’s a piece of joy for everyone on the list. It’ll fill you up and bring good to others too!
(Scroll down for free downloads).
Don’t skip writing it out, though. The simple act of writing it + planning makes it more solid in your mind (and fun!).
- Download + print whichever format you want (blank OR partially filled in with ideas)
- Go through each category and write down what makes you + family happy around the winter holidays.
- These are things that light you up and put a twinkle in your eye!
- (Marie Kondo fans, you know this as “sparks joy”)
- See any that need a plan or supplies? Make a plan so you’ll have what you need.
- Are there too many things on the list that it will be overwhelming? If so, highlight which ones are the most important to you.
- Keep the list somewhere you’ll see it. Remember, it’s not an ordinary to-do list…it’s a Joy List!
- Good places: the fridge, bathroom mirror
- Or frame it in an 8 x 10 frame + use a dry erase pen to mark them off
Bonus Joy: Turn it into a gift
The Porpoiseful Winter Joy List helps a holiday gift bloom into something more joyful. Don’t know what to get the neighbors, teachers, or your aunt who has everything?
Print the idea list and add a little cozy-themed fun like:
- hot cocoa or chocolate
- cookie ingredients & recipe
- ice skating tickets
- bath salts
- blank greeting cards
- cozy blanket
This also goes great with our Porpoiseful Planner. In the monthly calendar, we’ve marked several fun lesser-known holidays throughout the year, bringing even more to fun the celebration!
Need gift ideas for the beach or ocean lover in your life? Shop our online eco-boutique!
Spread waves of joy
Share the positive vibes and help others celebrate the season joyfully too! You can brighten their season by:
- sending them the link to this post
- sharing on social
- giving one to a friend
- making it a group adventure (do together as a family or group of friends!)
- pin it on Pinterest:
Here’s to celebrating in ways that mean the most to you + your loves. 💙
Live with porpoise,
Eve + Rett
0 Comments for “Winter Joy List (Printable)”