Make reading time special with an undersea bookmark. Print, cut, tie a ribbon, and you’re all set!
We’re so excited to continue sharing the pieces of the Ultimate Undersea Treasure Basket, just in time to give you ideas for Easter! (Click here if you missed the DIY Undersea Treasure Chest.)
To go along with our books in the basket, we made a fun ocean themed bookmark using the artwork from our children’s books. It’s so cute that we decided to make it a printable so that you can make your own! (It would be a fintastic add-on to an ocean unit too.)
It’s super easy and fun to make. Not only that, it pairs perfectly with the fun, spirited nature of our Zale’s Tales ocean adventure series.
If you haven’t had a chance to see what all the fun is about, click here to bring the exciting tales right to your own home! You’ll be in for a magical dive into the sea that the whole family will bubble over.
We gave our bookmark a special touch with brown craft paint, texture from Mod Podge, and an aqua ribbon, so scroll down for pictures!
- a piece of card stock to print on
- a hole punch
- about 8-10 inches of thin ribbon in your favorite color
- optional: brown craft paint, Mod Podge, a paintbrush, and a clean kitchen sponge.
How to make it:
- Print the Free Bookmark Printable on card stock, and use scissors to carefully cut around the edges.
- Use a hole punch to put a hole over the spot marked with a circle at the top of the bookmark.
- You can tie the ribbon through the hole (see pictures below) and be finished, or you can add a little more fun by adding some paint and Mod Podge using the steps below:
a. If you want to give your bookmark a special touch, use brown craft paint to paint the back side. Let it dry completely. (Rinse off your brush when finished.)
b. To make your bookmark a bit more durable and give it some fun texture, apply Mod Podge to a clean kitchen sponge with the paintbrush.
c. Use the sponge to smush on the Mod Podge (don’t wipe, just dab the sponge up and down so the ink doesn’t smear).
d. Let it dry, and then paint Mod Podge onto the back of the bookmark with a paintbrush. When you’re done, rinse off the kitchen sponge and paintbrush with soap and water.
e. For the final touch (once it’s all dry), tie a ribbon through the hole at the top:
4. Last, but not least, dive into a good book!
Enjoy the adventure, and stay tuned for the next pieces of the Ultimate Undersea Treasure Basket. Live porpoisefully!